I officially have a condition known as chondromalacia. There is no surgical solution for this problem; the only thing you can do is the RICE Method. RICE means Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Because I really want to get this injury behind me and get back on the bike (and hopefully on water skis with Beka's Fourth of July family reunion coming up), I am taking this method to heart and doing as much as I can to get my knee healed. This ends up with me spending lots of time at home, on the couch, with my leg up and on ice, and when I'm not icing the knee, I'm being judicious about not moving around much.
This is driving Beka crazy because I have gotten so bored and stir crazy. My natural inclination is to be moving, so having to sit still for extended periods just is not my thing. I look around for things to read, play on the computer, flip through the channels, and generally be annoying (though I really don't mean to). For some reason Beka thinks it's her job to keep me entertained, and because I don't like watching the shows she watches I'm like a little kid who just drank a big glass of Mountain Dew but can't move.
Beka says she feels bad for me because I am so restless, bless her little heart. She asks what she can do, but does not seem to be interested in taking me up on the offer of giving me a strip show. "Classy, real classy," she says. Not that I mean it. Okay, maybe I do. So instead of this, we have spent most of the weekend taking naps, watching Season One of "30 Rock", and putting more ice in my cold water circulator thingy.
Probably the highlight of this day was my dad stopping by on his way to pick up my stepmom from the airport. She had flown with her sister and others to some casino out west, and he was up for the day to get her. He stopped by, we chatted for a little bit, I showed him my little fishing boat, hung out some more, and then he had to leave. Later this evening we went to dinner with Beka's parents at Red Rock Canyon. I had the small tenderloin, and it was excellent.
If I appear to be rambling here, it's because I'm actually bored and just trying to empty my brain of thoughts because the alternative is skipping around on the Internet or watching some stupid Food Network reality show that I have no interest in watching.
Long story short, I need to get healed up before Beka smothers me in my sleep. Not that she would. Okay, maybe she would.
Suzie Homemaker
10 years ago
4 comments:
rest is good robinson. you will move with lightning speed and the prowess of a tiger when you are all healed up. i can't wait.... chirp..... chirp....
Yes, get rested up and better so you & Beka can grace us with your presence at our lake party next month! To entice you, there will be a ski boat for your skiing pleasure....and I PROMISE not to show anyone the side-by-side Christmas picture comparison...well, I promise not to show it again. ;)
Wait..what?? I thought the side by side picture comparison was going to be made into t-shirts for everyone to wear at the lake party.
Gah, Kristen - you ruined the surprise!!!
Post a Comment